Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Bioinformatician at the Department of Structural and Computational Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.09.2020 of a
at the Department of Structural and Computational Biology
Reference number: 11166
The research team of Prof Jörg Menche at the University of Vienna seeks an experienced and highly motivated Postdoc in the area of network medicine. You will join a team working in the field of network science, systems biology, and complex systems.
A special focus is the development of network-based methods for the integration and analysis of large and diverse biomedical data. The preferred candidate has a proven ability to independently design and implement cutting-edge computational methods for network science to study the diverse aspects of complex biological systems. Experience with handling large datasets and next-generation sequencing data is required. Experience in chemoinformatics is a plus.
The candidate is further expected to be willing to teach and is able to supervise students. Teaching experience is therefore a plus. The position is also involved with international collaborations.
The Department is part of the Max Perutz Labs, a university research institute of the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna. At its Campus Vienna Biocenter in Vienna's 3rd district, over 450 scientists from more than 30 nations work in 60 research groups in basic research in molecular life sciences.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration.
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement - Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- Professional competence training in Systems Biology with focus on biological networks
- Methodological competence Proven competence of network science, image analysis, and working with large-scale databases.
- Experience working with different -omics datasets and genetic screens
- Didactic competence Experience with course organization, teaching and assignments/homework preparation
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Experience working with international collaboration partners and working on several projects simultaneously.
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have:
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience to audiences of mixed backgrounds.
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad - Experience of supervising students Application documents
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks (given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 23.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11166.
For further information please contact Gruber, Iris +43-1-4277-74320.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.