Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Berner Fachhochschule. Burgdorf (Schweiz), 17.11.2017
Professor for Rehabilitation Engineering
You are skilled in research and development, able to think holistically, you possess pedagogical skills and enjoy transmitting new knowledge to your students. You must be willing to contribute to the further development of the core activities and degree programme of the Division of Mechanical Engineering.
(Tenure-Track, 80 -100%)
Scope of the position
- You will contribute to teaching in the BSc programme in Mechanical Engineering, including courses in control engineering, and especially in the mechatronics specialisation module covering rehabilitation and industrial robotics.
- You supervise BSc projects and other activities.
- You teach the module on Rehabilitation Technology as part of our Master programme in Biomedical Engineering.
- You will supervise Master's projects from the MSc in Biomedical Engineering and the MSc in Engineering.
- You will initiate and lead research projects at the Institute for Rehabilitation and Performance Technology IRPT in the Division of Mechanical Engineering.
- For the development of your research programme, you will acquire external funding from sources including Innosuisse, the Swiss National Science Foundation, and from industry.
- You have a first degree in mechanical engineering and a doctorate in the field of rehabilitation robotics.
- You have at least two years' experience of teaching at university level. You have at least two years' postdoctoral research experience with a proven international track record of peer-review publications and the acquisition of research funding.
- You have experience in collaboration with industry with a proven track record of successful technology-transfer activities.
This professorship is embedded in a dynamic environment of teaching, research and professional services. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of staff, and you will benefit from an excellent infrastructure and opportunities for further professional development. The post is based initially in Burgdorf, but will move to Biel in 2022 to a new, purpose-built technology campus. The position offers excellent conditions of employment, flexibility regarding time management, and is based on cantonal employment regulations.
This Tenure-Track appointment is for four years in the first instance, with the possibility of extension for a further two years.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents using the "Apply online" link at the end of this advert. Please note we only accept online applications.
For an informal discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Kenneth J. Hunt, Head of IRPT (+41 34 426 4369 or email@example.com).
More jobs: www.bfh.ch/jobs or www.be.ch/jobs