Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
PhD student (f/m) in physical chemistry; Chemical Reaction Dynamics
University of Gothenburg. Göteborg (Schweden), 03.01.2018
PhD student in physical chemistry:
Employment level: Time limited employment (temporary)
Chemical Reaction Dynamics
Location: Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg
Apply by: 2018-01-31
The Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Gothenburg (Sweden) is looking for a
PhD student in physical chemistry,
with special focus on chemical reaction dynamics.
- Full time position with highly competitive salary and full health and social benefits.
- Placed in an international, well funded, and active research division with approximately 40-50 students and researchers.
- Part of Westenhoff‘s ERC project "MolStrucDyn". The goal of the project is to ‘film‘ and study essential steps in chemistry, such as bond breaking, bond formation, and molecular rearrangements.
You will record time-resolved X-ray scattering/diffraction data of chemical reactions using ultrashort X-ray pulses at Free Electron Laser Sources (XFEL). An important part of the project is to develop new methods to record and analyze the data. You are expected to be involved in all steps of the project, i.e. to prepare and to perform experiments, to analyze data, and to publish the results.
Working duties may include, but are not limited to:
- planning, preparation and implementation of time-resolved X-ray scattering experiments on chemical reactions at free electron laser sources
- data analysis by molecular dynamics and development of own software tools (in Python or Matlab) to interpret the data
- identification and publication of the results
- international scientific collaboration within and outside the group
As a competitive candidate you
- hold a degree (Masters/ or equivalent, see official job announcement for more details)
- have documented research experience in chemistry, biophysics, or physics.
- have the proven ability to work independently and result-driven in a research project.
- are a dynamic team player.
More details can be found on the official job announcement on our webpage.
PhD positions at the University of Gothenburg are full-time placements with competitive salaries and full health and social insurances. The University applies a local agreement on salaries of graduate students.
Additional funding for travel expenses, participation in conferences, training sessions, or other activity related to the project will be made available.
Please apply online at:
The application shall include:
- Cover letter with an explanation of why you apply for the position
- CV including scientific publications (if any)
- Copy of exam certificate
- Two referees (name, telephone no, relation)
Please contact Sebastian Westenhoff, professor, firstname.lastname@example.org , 0766183936 for specific questions regarding the position.
Göran Hilmersson, Head of Department +46 (0) 31-786 9022, email@example.com Martin Billeter, Director of third cycle education, +46(0) 31-786 3925, firstname.lastname@example.org Helena Bergkvist, Human Resources Administrator +46 (0) 31-786 9116, email@example.com
The Department of chemistry and molecular biology at the University of Gothenburg carries out research and graduate education, which comprises a wide scientific field from the atomic and molecular levels all the way through cells to intact organisms. Much of the phenomena studied here impact on our natural environment and living systems. We participate in undergraduate programs in chemistry, molecular biology, medicinal chemistry, biology, marine sciences, and pharmacy. A third cycle education at our department will lead to a Ph.D. in Natural sciences, or Natural sciences with a specialization in Chemistry. Ph.D. studies comprises four years at the post graduate level. The time period can be extended to 5 years in total through teaching and/or other departmental duties.
Union representatives at the University of Gothenburg:
The University of Gothenburg promotes equal opportunities, equality and diversity. Salaries for doctoral students are regulated in a local agreement at the University. Applications will be destroyed or returned (upon request) two years after the decision of employment has become final. Applications from the employed and from those who appeal the decision will not be returned.