The Institute for Neuromodulation and Neurotechnology at the University Hospital Tuebingen, Germany, unites neuroscientists, engineers, computer scientists and physicians following a common goal: To improve the lives of patients with brain disorders using state-dependent stimulation and adaptive neurotechnology for neuromodulation of the nervous system.
We are looking for:
Group Leaders, Postdocs and PhD Students (f/m/d)
full-time and part-time positions. The positions are limited.
As a translational group, we develop novel neuromodulation tools and work closely together with biomedical companies to gain access to innovative neurotechnology. We combine basic studies on healthy subjects with clinical studies on patient populations, and apply the knowledge gained from these studies to refine our treatment protocols.
Representative work from our group: Scherer et al. Neuroimage. 2020, Milosevic et al. Mov Disord. 2020, Naros et al. Cereb Cortex. 2020, Vukelić et al. Neuroimage. 2019, Ziegler et al. Brain Stimul. 2019, Guggenberger et al. Brain Stimul. 2018, Naros et al. Mov Disord. 2018, Khademi et al. Cereb Cortex. 2018, Kraus et al. J Neurosci. 2018.
- Master’s degree or PhD in the field of Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or related fields.Solid understanding of statistical data analysis, digital signal processing and/or programming principles.
- Programming skills in Python or MATLAB and/or experience in applying statistical tools, e.g., machine learning for data analysis.
- electrophysiological techniques, e.g., BCI/BMI, tDCS/tACS, TMS, VNS, NMES, DBS, M/EEG, LFP, MER and/or EMG.
- Access to novel brain stimulation paradigms to expand the understanding of the human brain and develop new therapies.
- Opportunity to work with in vivo electrophysiological data from patients and healthy controls.
- Support of your work with a broad range of pre-built analysis tools and assistance in designing your own approaches.
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies to generate reliable results.
- A team that is united by one vision: to enhance the understanding of the human brain in order to invent and implement new and more effective therapies.
Please include in your application within one PDF file: Cover letter outlining (i) how you meet the requirements for the position, (ii) which techniques/methods you would like to be involved in, (iii) relevant details of your past research projects, and (iv) an explanation of how your previous experience lends itself to your research program. (~750 words). Curriculum vitae (including publication record: research manuscripts, journal papers, conference contributions etc.).
Names and email addresses of three professional references (e.g., current or previous research advisors). Transcript of Records. TOEFL scores or other evidence of English and/or German proficiency. GRE scores (optional).
We offer remuneration in accordance with TV-L (collective wage agreement for the Public Service of the German Federal States) in addition to all the customary benefits granted to employees working in Public Services. Severely handicapped persons with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration. The University of Tübingen is anxious to increase its quota of female scientific staff, and therefore emphatically requests women to apply for this position. The Administration of the University Hospital is responsible for all employment matters. Personnel appointments will be made pursuant to the fundamental stipulations of the legal statutes for universities in Germany. Before taking up an activity, the following requirements must be met in accordance with § 23a in conjunction with § 20 Abs. 9 Infektionsschutzgesetz (IfSG) a sufficient vaccination protection against measles or an immunity against measles must be proven (scope of application birth cohorts as of 01.01.1971) as well as a valid vaccination certificate against the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 according to § 20b Abs. 2 IfSG must be available. Interview expenses are not covered.
For questions, please contact Mrs Christine Köhler, Tel.: 07071 29-85197, E-Mail: email@example.com
. Application Deadline: 15.03.2022
Please send your application by e-mail only (PDF attachment), quoting the reference number 11333:
Department für Neurochirurgie und Neurotechnologie
Institut für Neuromodulation und Neurotechnologie
Herr Direktor Prof. Dr. Alireza Gharabaghi