Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB). Hannover, 06.02.2018
Acting in the capacity of the German National Library of Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature. The services we offer in our capacity as a University Library ensure that Leibniz Universität Hannover is provided with items locally
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology – Program Area C, Research and Development, is looking to employ
Research Software Engineers (E 12/E 13 TV-L)
We are looking for several Research Associates/PhD Candidates to work in the TIB Research and Development Department. The candidates‘ competence area should be squarely rooted in software engineering, they should be able to think creatively, grasp new knowledge quickly, be able to design and develop innovative software systems and be interested in mastering complex challenges. They will be responsible to develop innovative and mature information services for the TIB stakeholders in science and technology.
- A master or bachelor degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics), PhD is a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, proficiency in German is a plus
- Familiarity with Semantic Technologies, Data Management, Human-Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics or Digital Libraries is an asset
- Scientific Data Management – Semantic Data Lakes for Science - requires demonstrated, rigorous knowledge of data management (relational databases, SQL, graph databases, XML)
- Research Data Containers – requires demonstrated, rigorous knowledge of data management and virtualization techniques (Docker)
- Semantic Scholarly Communication and Metadata - requires good knowledge of semantic knowledge representation
- Exploration & Search of Scholarly Metadata (ORCHID Publishing) – requires human-computer interaction, information visualization and retrieval expertise
- DBpedia Knowledge Graph Management – requires good knowledge of semantic data management technologies
- Collaborative OpenCourseWare creation (SlideWiki.org) – requires good human-computer interaction and frontend development skills
- Question Answering Infrastructure (WDAqua/Qanary) – requires excellent skills in semantic technologies and natural language processing
- Candidates will work in the context of a national, european or international research and innovation project.
- There is funding available for equipment, conference and research visit travel.
- A portfolio of technology components to build on, including DBpedia, BigDataEurope Platform, OntoWiki, Qanary QA, SlideWiki etc.
- Qualified candidates will start in pay grade 12 or 13 TV-L of the German public service pay-scale depending on the qualification (bachelor/master).
How to apply: Please send your CV and a brief motivational statement (incl. technology interest) with the subject 5/2018 before 1st March, 2018 to:
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
You can also send your application by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send emails larger than 10 MB. Questions regarding the positions can be addressed to the director of TIB Prof. Dr. Sören Auer (email@example.com)
For more information about the TIB, please visit: www.tib.eu/en/
TIB provides ideal working conditions, and continuously takes action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned.
Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.