Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Research scientist (f/m) for co-design of future supercomputer architectures
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH. Jülich, 15.02.2018
As a member of the Helmholtz Association, Forschungszentrum Jülich makes an effective contribution to solving major challenges facing society in the fields of information, energy, and bioeconomy. It focuses on varied tasks in the area of research management and utilizes large, often unique, scientific infrastructure. Come and work with around 5,900 colleagues across a range of topics and disciplines at one of Europe‘s largest research centres.
The Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) operates one of the most powerful supercomputing infrastructures in Europe and makes it available to researchers at Forschungszentrum Jülich, in Germany and Europe. Through partnerships with leading technology providers, the JSC is engaged in the co-design of hardware architectures for future supercomputers. The goal of the POWER Acceleration and Design Center (PADC) is to advance the development and optimization of scientific applications on OpenPOWER systems. One specific focus is on the requirements of applications from the field of neuroscience.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible a
Research scientist for co-design of future supercomputer architecturesYour Job:
- Analysis of application requirements, with the goal of providing input to the design of future OpenPOWER technologies, with a focus on applications from neuroscience
- Evaluation of massively-parallel hardware architectures with hierarchical organisation of memory and storage
- Evaluation of programming models for such architectures
- Work on prototypical implementations of application kernels
- Support for the organisation of public PADC events
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Science or Physics
- Knowledge in the field of computer architectures
- Experience in programming in C/C++ or Python and in using scripting languages commonly used on Unix systems
- Experience in using supercomputers and GPU programming is desirable
- Knowledge in the area of computational neuroscience is desirable
- Good command of English
- Ability and willingness to work in an international, interdisciplinary and distributed team, as well as to assume responsibility
- International, interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- A comprehensive further training programme, including English language courses
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- Limited for 2 years with possible longer-term prospects
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD).
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably via our online recruitment system on our career site, quoting the reference number 2018-026.
Tel.:+49 2461 61 9700
Tel.:+49 2461 61 9700
Member of the Helmholtz Association
Sie wollen mehr erfahren? Mehr Informationen über den Arbeitgeber finden Sie hier.