Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Law (f/m) with a specialisation in European and/or comparative banking and financial law or European and/or comparative company law
University of Luxembourg. Luxemburg, 31.01.2018
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Law (M/F) with a specialisation in European and/or comparative banking and financial law or European and/or comparative company law
- Ref: F2-130001 to be mentioned in all correspondence
- Fixed-term 14 month initial contract, extendable to 36 month
- Full-time position, 40h/week, (Student and Employee Status)
- Possible starting date between 1st of July and 1st September 2018
Under the direction of Professor Pierre-Henri CONAC:
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of :
- European and/or comparative banking and financial law or
- European and/or comparative company law.
- The thesis has to be done at the University of Luxembourg, in French or in English, and can be part of a joint supervision with another University.
- Contribute to the teaching at the rate of one or three hours per week of small group teaching and tutorials.
- Assist Professor Pierre-Henri CONAC in the preparation of his research, conference and teaching activities.
- Master’s degree in Law with grades ranking in the top 20 % of your class (candidates which are currently in a Master 2 program can still apply provided they will achieve this grade by the end of their academic year)
- Linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language will be considered an advantage
- Your level in French or English should be equivalent to the level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Applicants are required to submit an English international language certificate to demonstrate their level. Candidates who are English native speakers, or have a degree from a university programme taught in English and who have written a thesis in English in such a programme, are exempt from submitting a certificate of English proficiency. (Expected test scores IELTS >7,5 / TOEFL >110 / Cambridge Proficiency: A/B/C/ / Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) A/B)
- Personal work space (full-time contract requires the assistant to work on the University premises)
- Competitive compensation (fully funded position subject to social security system)
Applications should be submitted and must include the following:
- A letter of motivation, highlighting your reasons for applying at the University of Luxembourg for this position
- A research proposal. The proposal must be written in English or French and must be no longer than 2500 words (including footnotes and references). The proposal should outline the general research question that you wish to pursue in your PhD dissertation. It should demonstrate command of the state of the art in the field (with references to the literature) and of research methodology within the discipline and include a short bibliography. It should also stress the originality of your project and detail its potential academic and societal impacts, in particular for the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg as a major financial and business centre. Where appropriate it should also include the theory or hypotheses that will be examined or a description of the empirical content and sources of the research project
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable
- A transcript with detailed results of University studies
- English international language certificate
- Name, position and links with the candidate of two academic referees
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.