Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Molecular Biologist at the Department of Structural and Computational Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
at the Department of Structural and Computational Biology
Reference number: 10322
The group of Sascha Martens at the Max Perutz Labs is recruiting a PostDoc. The Max Perutzs Labs are a joint venture of the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna. Located at the Campus Vienna Biocenter the Max Perutzs Labs are home to over 450 scientists from over 30 nations organized in 62 groups working in the field of
The candidate will use his/her expertise in generating Tau monomers and aggregates in vitro to understand how they interact with purified components of the autophagy machinery, reconstituted by the Sascha Martens lab. In vitro experiments will allow the cadidate to pinpoint key amino acids and folds necessary for the interaction.
The candidate will label Tau fibrils fluorescently and deliver them in neurons. The Martens lab established cell lines to track initiation and progression of autophagy via microscopy in neurons. In vitro experiments will be validated in this highly relevant biological system.
The position is also involved with international collaborations.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration.
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile - Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Preparing / writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement - Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
Doctoral degree/PhD degree
Professional competence in running scientific projects independently
presenting data with posters, pitches, presentations and papers
Methodological competence Biochemistry, Protein Purification, DNA handling and cloning, Biophysical techniques (Circular Dichroism, Quartz Crystal Microbalance, Light Scattering)
peptide handling, in vitro experiments with reconstituted protein complexes
- supervision of master students and bachelor students
- lectures given at students
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have:
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are:
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable) Understanding how monomers and aggregates of the Alzheimer protein Tau interact with the autophagy cascade, both in vitro and in neurons
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 24.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10322.
For further information please contact Gruber, Iris +43-1-4277-74320.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.