Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Radboud University Medical Center. Nijmegen, 18.09.2017
- Radboud University Medical Center
- Aart Schene
- Geert Grooteplein Zuid 10
- 6525GA Nijmegen
- The Netherlands
Radboud University Medical Center
Professor in Experimental Neuroimaging
The Radboud University Medical Center is seeking a Professor of Experimental Neuroimaging. This Professorship is a key appointment for the Departments of Radiology and Cognitive Neuroscience in their efforts to integrate developments in small-animal brain imaging in translational system-level neuroscience. The post will capitalize on opportunities provided by the Preclinical Imaging Center and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior.
The post holder will be a neuroscientist or a neuroimaging expert with an outstanding record of research, and with a high level of leadership skills. She/he will be able to run a world-leading program of research on translational cognitive neuroscience using rodents. Potential research areas are: neural plasticity related to neurodevelopment, stress or aging and neural processing related to sensory perception or motor control.
The post holder will work within the Donders Institute and perform his/her research at the Preclinical Imaging Center of the Radboud University Medical Center with its state-of-the-art preclinical animal imaging facilities including two MR systems (9.4T Bruker Clinscan and 11.7T Bruker Biospec) and two radionuclide imaging setups (Siemens Inveon PET/CT, MILabs SPECT/CT). See this link for further details. Furthermore, a fully GMP-capable cyclotron facility is in the immediate vicinity of the imaging center. It is expected that the post holder embeds her/his research within the research themes of the Donders Institute.
The Professor of Experimental Neuroimaging will be part of a lively and intellectually stimulating research community which performs to the highest international levels in research and will have access to our excellent research facilities including the human neuroimaging facilities of the Donders Institute.
The Donders Institute offers a stimulating and open research environment with a wide range of possibilities for collaborations with both experimentalists and theorists. Scanning costs can be covered by the Institute/Department making it possible to initiate projects without obtaining grant funding.
- will be expected to play a major leadership role in the research activity of the Departments of Radiology and Cognitive Neuroscience, to undertake original work independently and/or in collaboration with others.
- will take the lead in establishing our Preclinical Imaging Center as a hub for system-level neuroscience research. She/he will provide scientific leadership by integrating activities with the different stake holders like the departments, technology centers, and research institutes involved.
- will be required to play a leading role in the development and co-ordination of translational system-level neuroscience, which is a major area for growth at the Radboud University Medical Center and the Donders Institute.
- will be required to obtain research grants and other funding to carry out a program of research.
- will be expected to play a role in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching by delivering lectures, holding classes, and assisting students in their studies by advice or informal instruction.
- will be required to supervise graduate students.
- would be expected to provide effective management leadership within her or his professional and academic areas and to contribute to university committees on behalf of the Department and the Institute, as required.
- A proven track record as a first class internationally recognized researcher, with evidence of well-cited original publications in high impact journals in experimental neuroimaging with rodents.
- The ability to lead a well-established research group in the field of experimental neuroimaging with rodents.
- Evidence of securing significant independent research funding.
- Strong potential to develop productive interactions and collaborate on a long term basis with other scientists at the Radboud University Medical Center and the Donders Institute.
- Interests that are synergistic with the existing strengths of the Radboud University Medical Center and the Donders Institute. Research focus should be on neural plasticity for instance related to neurodevelopment, stress or aging or neural processing related to sensory processing or motor control.
- Commitment and ability to provide effective teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy film.
Read more about what it means to work at Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
Comments and contact information
We offer a tenured position; appointment as professor for five years with the possibility of renewal
Applicants may be required to participate in an assessment as part of the selection process.
For further information, please contact:
- Prof. Aart Schene, Chair of the Appointment Advisory Committee, Aart.Schene@radboudumc.nl, +31 (0)24 36 10674
- LL.M. Sjanne Tielbeke, Secretary of the Appointment Advisory Committee, Sjanne.Tielbeke@radboudumc.nl, +31 (0)24 30 933
Please apply before October 19 via the online application form.
Are you representing an agency? Thank you for your interest in our job offer but we do not need external help to fill our roles.
Geert Grooteplein Zuid 10