Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Assistant / Associate Professor (f/m) in Innovation and Product Development
Syddansk Universitet (SDU). Odense (Dänemark), 14.05.2018
Assistant / Associate Professor in Innovation and Product Development:Applications are invited for a position in Innovation and Product Development at the Section for Innovation and Design Engineering, Department of Technology and Innovation, University of Southern Denmark in Odense. The position is available from August 1, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The applicant should have proven research record and experience in one or more of the following fields and be able to contribute to the development of the centre’s research areas.
- Innovation and innovation management
- Product development in complex technologies
- Emerging technologies and innovation networks
- Innovation in a social context
- Entrepreneurship and business model innovation
- Sustainability and purpose in product development
The assistant professorship is a 3-year temporary position and requires completion of the Danish University Teaching Education certificate as part of the position.
The associate professorship is a permanent position with obligation to research and teaching. Applicants for the associate professorship are required to possess research qualifications at level equivalent to what is achieved by a satisfactorily completed period of employment as assistant professor. Also, applicants are required to have received supervision and pedagogical upgrading and to have obtained a positive assessment of his or her teaching qualifications.
Requirements and qualifications
Candidates must have:
- A PhD degree in innovation or product development, or adjacent field, preferably with a technology focus.
- Documented experience with research dissemination in international scientific journals and conferences
- Experience in fund-raising and playing an active role in securing research funding to support the research activities of the centre
- Experience with industrial collaboration
- Team-working skills in addition to self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Good communication skills in English
- Participation in Danish courses for non-Danish speaking applicants is expected for permanent positions
Further information is available by contacting the Head of Section, Professor Alf Rehn, email@example.com
Requirements for the position
Employment as an assistant professor and associate professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level.
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, the applicant may be called for interview.
Conditions of employment
Employment as assistant professor is a 3-year temporary position. The employment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
Your application must be uploaded through the link "Apply Online". Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Please read guidelines for applicants.
All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file.
Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
The applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc, PhD) - Danish or English transcripts
- Information on previous teaching experience if available. Please attach as Teaching portfolio
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication, a possible co-author statement must be a part of this pdf-file
- Other relevant qualifications
The application must be in English.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
You can only apply for the position through our website www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger.
Your application must be registered in our system on the 31/05/2018 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.