The NMI is a member of the Innovation Alliance Baden-Württemberg. It is involved in application-oriented research at the interface between the life sciences and material science. An interdisciplinary team of scientists is developing new technologies for companies and public research sponsors in the areas of Pharma and Biotech, Biomedicine and Materials Science, and Material Analysis and Electron Microscopy.
Within its Pharma and Biotech department, the assay development group of Dr. Markus Templin has a long track record of developing advanced immunoassay systems for research and industrial applications. Amongst other technologies, one important focus is our proprietary DigiWest® multiplex immunoassay technology that allows for parallel analyses of hundreds of proteins (www.digiwest.de
). As such, this platform is attractive for industrial and academic researchers in drug discovery and development, biomarker identification, translational oncology and toxicology.
To support our growing team, we now seek to fill the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
- Plan, conduct, evaluate and report complex protein profiling experiments as part of academic collaborations and contract research projects for pharma clients
- Acquire, document and analyze large data sets, and conduct elaborate data processing
- Optimize and further develop standardized experimental protocols and data analysis workflows
- Develop new immunoassay approaches and applications
- Contribute to the acquisition of grant-funded projects and to the publication of our results
- A PhD in biochemistry or in a related subject
- Solid working expertise in an analytical, molecular biology or biochemistry lab
- Proficiency with protein purification and/or assay methodologies (Western blotting, ELISA etc.)
- Experience in handling of large data sets and with data management software
- Background in cellular signal transduction profiling is desirable
- Project management skills are a strong asset
- High attention to detail, self-motivation, initiative and dependability as a team player
Your contact person
- Working within an exciting multidisciplinary project and a highly innovative research topic
- Highly motivated, competent and multidisciplinary team with scientific and technical staff
- An exciting and dynamic working environment in application-oriented research institut
- Excellent infrastructure and technical laboratory equipment
- Free employee parking in the multi-storey car park
- Work-life balance through flexible working hours and mobile working
- Attractive "bridge day" arrangement as well as paid days off on 24 / 31 December
- Staff events and excursions
- Salary according to the TV-L, the contract is limited to 2 years
Ms Katja Rösslein
Interested? Click on "Apply for this job now"
. The online application only takes two minutes.
NMI Naturwissenschaftliches und Medizinisches Institut an der Universität Tübingen