Helmholtz Centre Potsdam - GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences. Potsdam, 06.06.2018
For Section 5.3 / Department 5 "Geomicrobiology" we invite applications for a
Postdoc position (m/f)
Job Vacancy 1033
Dirk Wagner and work on a project dealing with
microorganisms as agents for the development
of landslides in New Zealand.
- extraction of DNA/RNA from landslide sediments
- molecular biological characterization of microbial communities (structure and function) in landslides
- bioinformatics and statistics with high-throughput sequence data sets
- metagenome and metatranscriptome analysis
- coordinate project-related collaboration within and beyond the GFZ
- publish in international top journals and present results at scientific meetings
- participate actively to activities in our group, Section and Department (including teaching)
- MSc. (or equivalent) and PhD in Microbiology/Molecular Biology with a focus in molecular ecology and bioinformatics
- excellent microbiological skills, particularly DNA/RNA-based analyses (e.g. qPCR, NGS)
- expertise in metagenomics/metatranscriptomics for the characterization of microbial communities
- sound bioinformatics skills and interest
- affinity for bio-geo-interactions
- you are a team player
- good communication skills, excellent English language skills
The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (www.geo-x.net), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam and Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to call Ms Buge at +49 (0) 331-288-28878.