DROSOS FOUNDATION (www.drosos.org) is a Swiss private not for profit organisation committed to unlocking the potential of young people. Together with its partners, the foundation nurtures their life and professional skills to pave their way to economic and social independence. The Foundation is currently active in Switzerland, Germany, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
The Foundation is looking for a
Programme Manager – Germany (m/f/d, 100%)
Start date: as soon as possible / upon agreement
The Programme Manager based in Berlin, Germany, will contribute to the management and development of the foundation’s programmatic work in Germany, with a special focus on Eastern Germany. In close collaboration with the Head of Programmes – Europe, the Programme Manager will be responsible to design and develop new and existing programmes and the projects therein, guide the implementation process of established projects and programmes, provide support to implementing partners, evaluate the impact of past engagements, and develop new initiatives and partnerships in line with DROSOS’ strategic priorities. The Programme Manager will work in a team of four, with one colleague in Germany and two in Switzerland.
More specifically, the Programme Manager – Germany:
- Oversees, monitors, and evaluates the implementation of projects and programmes, including tracking progress through reports, partner meetings, and field visits;
- Contributes to developing new partnerships and screening new project proposals in line with the Foundation’s programmatic approach;
- Supports project partners to advance their organisational capacities and impact planning;
- Manages project budgets and ensures proper and sound financial controlling of grants;
- Supports the tendering process of consultants, e.g. for project evaluations or organisational development support, drafting terms of reference, steering the selection process and contract negotiations, and monitoring the assignments;
- Contributes to DROSOS’ global knowledge exchange and strategy development led by the Leadership Team;
- Be an effective and inspiring manager and role model in the organisation;
- Directly reports to the Head of Programmes – Europe based in Zurich.
- Higher education in the field of social sciences, humanities, or economics (international relations, international development cooperation, business administration, or related areas) with a strong business acumen;
- Relevant work experience in the philanthropic sector, non-profit organisations, and/ or international development cooperation, including project management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in collaborating with civil society organisations and conducting practical field work;
- Critical thinking and strategic planning skills with the ability to translate strategy into action;
- Business planning skills with an ability to manage complex financial budgets and understanding of legal contractual relationships;
- Ability to simplify complex information into clear presentations to various key audiences;
- Reliable, flexible and a pragmatic problem solver and able to manage high range and volume of responsibilities;
- Affinity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Very good communication and writing skills in English and German;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build and maintain effective relationships with remote team members and partners;
- Hands-on and ‘can do’ attitude and proven ability to navigate uncertainty and changes;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain constructive relationships with partners while maintaining independence and securing compliance with the foundation’s internal and ex-ternal regulations;
- Flexibility to travel as required.
Committed colleagues and attractive working conditions await you. If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send a letter of motivation and your CV (max 3 pages) in English by 14 May 2023. For questions, please contact email@example.com. Only direct applications will be considered.