The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.09.2021 of a
at the Department of Demography
Reference number: 12075
The Department of Demography, a subunit of the Faculty of Social Sciences, is looking for a post doc who will be part of the ERC consolidator grant team BIC.LATE “Biological, Individual and Contextual factors of fertility recovery” (PI: Eva Beaujouan, http://www.wittgensteincentre.org/Jacomo/upload/about/erc-bic-late-eva-beaujouan-description.pdf).
The post doc, preferably with a Demography or Human Reproduction background, will particularly focus on the analysis of the biological constraints to having a child at later ages. Mastering both analysis of panel data and standard demographic techniques is a clear advantage, as well as knowledge about uptake of Assisted Reproductive Technologies across the high-income countries.
Applicants should demonstrate teamwork and interpersonal skills, autonomy, as well as enthusiasm for excellent research. The person will have the opportunity to conduct scientific research in a motivated and committed research team. The duties also include participation in project administration.
- The post doc will be working on Work Package 1 of BIC.LATE, related to the biological aspects of late fertility and access to Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- International publications and presentations
- Integration into the research project’s team through collaboration in research and international collaboration
- Involvement in research administration (e.g., preparation of meetings, workshops, conferences; dissemination of project results…)
- Potential supervision of master theses in the Department
- Doctoral degree in demography, epidemiology (with a fertility component), human reproduction or similar.
- Excellent command of quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of analysis of panel data and/or standard demographic techniques
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant peer-reviewed journals
- High level of written and oral expression in English
- Interest in the study of fertility in the high-income countries
- Ability to work in a team and social competence
- Love for research
- Experience abroad
Documents to be submitted:
- Letter of intent
- (Scientific) curriculum vitae
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts (copies)
- Reference letters or names of reference persons
- Pdf of two selected publications
For further information please contact Heike Barakat (email@example.com), +431515817708.
Main research field
Special research fields
Other Social Sciences
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 27.06.2021, mentioning reference number 12075.
For further information please contact Barakat, Heike .
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.