The Institute for Informatics and Digital Education at the Faculty of Natural and Social Sciences is offering a
contributing to research and teaching. The position has a fixed term contract for three years, starting as soon as possible, at the latest by October 1, 2023. The position (EG 13 TV-L) is generally suitable as a full-time (100%) or part-time (50%) position.
- Writing a doctoral thesis on a topic (chosen by the candidate) in the field of human-computer interaction or educational technology
- Development and implementation of innovative interaction designs, primarily focused on digital learning. Potential topics include virtual reality and augmented reality, sensor data, learning analytics, and serious games. These applications should enable the presentation of virtual worlds, their control using novel methods (such as gaze or gestures), and the simultaneous recording of behavioral data (and/or emotions) during learning. These applications may be browser-based, presented on tablet computers, or using virtual reality or augmented reality devices
- Teaching (4 SWS for full-time, 2 SWS for part-time [50%]) in the area of Digital Education. The topics can be chosen freely from the field of human-computer interaction (as it relates to education and educational technology), such as usability, prototyping, or artificial intelligence in education
- (Co-)Supervision of theses
- Contributing to operative tasks (e.g., funding acquisition)
- Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Media Engineering or Media Technology, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or similar
- A conscientious working style and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good command of English
In addition, the requirements set forth in § 52 Landeshochschulgesetz Baden-Württemberg need to be met. Karlsruhe University of Education encourages women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applicants with severe disabilities are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Please submit your application by June 14, 2023
. Your application should consist of a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, and a list of projects you have worked on (including projects completed during your coursework).
Please do not hesitate to contact Jun. Prof. Dr. Alexander Skulmowski at email@example.com
if you have any questions concerning this position or the application process.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application under: