Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Scientific Project Staff / Doctoral Candidate at the Department of Evolutionary Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.08.2020 of a
Scientific Project Staff / Doctoral Candidate
at the Department of Evolutionary Biology
Reference number: 10751
Announcement of a 3-year PhD position, with possible extension of a 4th year, in the working group of Thomas Schwaha at the Department of Evolutionary Biology to be filled approximately summer 2020. The position is part of a research grant of the FWF, the Austrian Science Fund, recently granted to T. Schwaha. The research project deals with the life cycles and systematics of endolithic ctenostome bryozoans. The aim of the project is to conduct long term experiments on established boring model systems in order to gain first information on larvae, settlement, growth rates, etc - all of which are currently unknown for boring bryozoans. In addition, the second part deals with systematics of the four main endolithic genera by using morphological and molecular tools.
- Participation in research
- Presentations in seminars and scientific meetings
- writing scientific publications
- rearing and experimental analysis of boring bryozoans at a marine station
- long term observation of boring communities
- Professional competence in invertebrate zoology
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- basic IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Background on zoological systematics
- Experience with rearing and culturing marine organisms
- Methodological experience in morphological and molecular techniques
- Experience in scientific presentations and writing of publications
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualification for the project
- Curriculum vitae
- 1-2 scientific references (e.g. previous supervisors, teachers, etc.)
- List of publications (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Zoology;Evolutionary research;Systematic zoology
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 11.06.2020, mentioning reference number 10751.
For further information please contact Schwaha, Thomas +43-1-4277-76316.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.