Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Scientific Staff (post doc) at the Vienna Cognitive Science Hub
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
Scientific Staff (post doc)
at the Vienna Cognitive Science Hub
Reference number: 10186
The Vienna CogSciHub at the University of Vienna offers the position of a post-doc University Assistant by December 01, 2019. Employment is based on a contract for a maximum of 6 years and provides the possibility for preparing and completing a habilitation or equivalent scientific performance. We offer a positive and stimulating research environment with experienced researchers, well equipped labs (e.g., fNIRS, EEG, facial EMG, eye-tracking TMS, fMRI (in our Dpt.), behavioral measuring).
We offer a six-year post-doc position in the research field empirical visual aesthetics at the interdisciplinary Vienna Cognitive Science Hub and the team of Helmut Leder. The main focus is on research to develop bridges between behavioral and neurosciences of aesthetics, attractiveness, and beauty. The position includes participation in research, teaching, and administration to establish connections with interdisciplinary research partners in cognitive science (neuroscience: Claus Lamm, art history: Raphael Rosenberg, and others – see (https://cognitivescience.univie.ac.at).
The successful candidate will
- contribute to the development and strengthening of the independent research profile in empirical and neuroaesthetics
- prepare, support and be involved in interdisciplinary studies and research projects at the Vienna CogSciHub (https://cognitivescience.univie.ac.at)
- participate in research projects/scientific studies in the research field "empirical aesthetics" (https://aesthetics.univie.ac.at) employing the existing psychophysiological methods (e.g., Eyetracking, fNIRS, EEG, facial EMG, but also TMS, TCDS, fMRI)
- write publications and conference contributions
- take responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- have the possibility to write a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- teaching as defined by the collective agreement for post-docs at the University of Vienna
- supervise students
- participate in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- participate in the organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
- involve in administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Ph.D. in the field Psychology/Cognitive Science/Neuroscience with interest in empirical aesthetics
- research experience with experimental methods (and ev. field studies in museums)
- programming skills (e.g. Matlab, E-Prime)
- knowledge of principles of teaching
- excellent command of written and spoken English
- publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- pronounced ability to work in a team
- strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration
Desirable qualifications are
- experience abroad
- experience of supervising students
- experience with eye-tracking and/or neuropsychological and psychophysiological methods (e.g. EEG, fMRI, fNIRS, facial EMG) is an advantage
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 31.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10186.
For further information please contact Rantasa, Peter +43-1-4277-22003, Spee, Blanca Thea Maria +43-1-4277-22002.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.