Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Senior Scientist at the Department of Botany and Biodiversity Research
Veröffentlicht am(vor 200 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (19 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2019 of a
at the Department of Botany and Biodiversity Research
Reference number: 9209
A permanent, part-time (20 h) Senior Scientist position is available at the Division of Conservation Biology, Vegetation Ecology and Landscape Ecology of the Department of Botany and Biodiversity Research. A main research focus of the Department is understanding and predicting the effects of environmental changes on the distribution and diversity of plant and animal species. We are therefore collecting large databases and developing own software tools to simulate species migration processes. To promote this line of research we are searching for a candidate who takes a leading role in establishing and maintaining such databases including GIS applications. Research experience should particularly include topics in Invasion Biology and /or Climate Change Biogeography of mountain environments. We expect the successful candidate to have excellent programming skills especially in R, Python and SQL
The candidate will participate in research projects predicting the distribution of species under past, current and future environmental conditions. She/he will be responsible for the maintenance and further development of databases and applications required for this research. A keen interest to keep abreast with ongoing developments in spatial ecology is required. Participation in international publication and presentation activities as well as the supervision / mentoring of students engaged in projects of the Division is expected. The position includes teaching obligations of c. 2 hours per week.
Doctoral degree/PhD in biology
– Experience in the development of large databases
– Experience with development of GIS applications
– Excellent programming and scripting skills, preferably in R, Python and SQL
– Experience in advanced statistical analyses of scientific data, preferably in R
– Research Experience in Invasion Biology and/or Climate Change Biogeography
– Interest in contributing to the development of external (third-party) grant applications
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German
– Ability to work in teams
– Experience in teaching
– Experience in project administration and personnel management
– Application documents
- Letter of motivation - Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given) - Research plan for the next 5 years - Contact details of 2 persons who could provide a letter of reference
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 20.12.2018, mentioning reference number 9209.
For further information please contact Dullinger, Stefan +43-1-4277-54379.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.