Leider haben wir keine Treffer zu Ihren Suchkriterien gefunden
Tipp: Passen Sie Ihre Suchfilter an, indem Sie einen oder mehrere Filter löschen oder Ihre Suche erweitern, z.B. durch weitere Positionen, Branchen oder Standorte.
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Senior Scientist at the Department of Environmental Geosciences
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
at the Department of Environmental Geosciences
Reference number: 9761
The Department of Environmental Geosciences at the University of Vienna is a highly experienced and internationally visible team. Professor Krämer's Group has a strong research focus on geochemical aspects of bio-mineral interactions. We do this via field studies and in controlled laboratory experiments, employing modern analytical techniques and isotope geochemistry. We investigate the reactivity of biogenic chemical compounds in model systems but we also involve microbial cultures and plants as well as complex soil systems and sediments. The results of these studies are used to construct quantitative thermodynamic and kinetic models that may serve to predict the effect of biogeochemical processes in complex environments.
We are currently looking for a senior scientist (prae-doc) with excellent knowledge of the reactivity of biogenic compounds at mineral water interfaces, with particular focus on stable isotope tracing techniques to strengthen our team.
We offer an international working environment (English working language) with many opportunities for further career development (networking, conferences, project meetings etc.) in Vienna. In Mercer's Quality of Living Ranking Vienna ranks first in 2018 for the 9th year in a row.
This position is initially limited to an employment duration of 3 months.
We are currently looking for an outstanding scientist to perform the following:
- Stable isotope dilution techniques, trace metal analysis (ICP-MS, ICP-OES) and speciation analysis of metal complexes with biogenic substances (e.g., spectrophotometry)
- Participation in research, teaching and administration
- Support of all group members in analytical questions, including instruction on analytical instruments
- Full involvement in project management, maintenance and supervision of the labs, acquisition of new instrumentation, good laboratory practice, evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the department administration, as well as teaching and research administration
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with the following requirements:
- A master degree in Marine Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline
- Methodological competence in trace metal analysis, bio-mineral interactions and mineral synthesis
- High professional competence and personal commitment
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Proven ability to publish in highly ranked international journals
- Experience in laboratory organisation and didactic competence in the guidance of chemical laboratory technicians and technical staff
- Ability to work in a team, social skills and project management skills
Additionally, we expect the successful candidate to have the following:
- Experience working in international research projects
- Experience with presenting research at international conferences
- Knowledge of academic processes and structures - capacity for teamwork - Resilience and engagement - proactive - willingness to further education
Required Application Documents
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, courses and talks given)
- Description of lab experience, research interests.
- High ability to express self both orally and in writing
Please send your application as one single PDF document.
Some experience in acquiring third party funding would be desirable.
Experience abroad and knowledge of university processes and structures beneficial.
Main research field
Special research fields
Interdisciplinary Geosciences not elsewhere classified
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 11.07.2019, mentioning reference number 9761.
For further information please contact Jankovic, Silvia +43-1-4277-53302, Whitechapel, Agatha +43-1-4277-53101.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 9761 E-Mail:
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.