Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Senior Scientist at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
Reference number: 11060
We are currently looking for a senior scientist (postdoc) in Geoecology to support the Core Facility for Long Term Ecological Wetland Research which we are opening. Facilities include eddy covariance towers with carbon dioxide, water vapour and methane sensors, autochambers and spectroscopic isotopic greenhouse gas analyzers.
The position is initially limited to an employment duration of 3 years with a transition to a permanent position possible if further funding is provided and if mutual agreement from both sides is given.
- Supervision, maintenance and development of field and laboratory facilities, e.g. maintenance and supervision our Long Term Ecological Wetland Sites (https://www.lter-austria.at/en/cwn-sites-puergschachener-moor/ and https://www.lter-austria.at/en/cwn-sites-lake-neusiedl/)
- Taking responsibility as technical supervisor of the Core Facility for Long Term Ecological Wetland Research
- Full involvement in the Core Facility administration, including project management and the acquisition of new instrumentation
- Support of project applications and independent acquisition of third-party Funding
- Writing articles in international publications in high impact journals and presenting at international conferences
- Supervision of graduate and postgraduate students, and guest scientists
- Independent teaching as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement with, and scientific support of, research groups, projects, guest researchers, and international collaborations
- Participation and presentation at international conferences and international publications in high impact journals
Requirements and essential qualifications:
We are looking for a scientist with a PhD / Doctoral degree in a field of Geo- or Bioscience, and outstanding expertise in the relevant research topics at the intersection of Biometeorology, Geoecology, Soil Science and Plant Ecophysiology that will complement the existing strengths of the Geoecology group. The successful candidate has
- At least 3 years of research experience
- Proven experience in management of field sites and analytical techniques
- Proven expertise in data analysis and programing (R applications, MATLAB or comparable packages)
- Experience in teaching on an undergraduate- and graduate Level
- An adequate publication record
- Good communication skills in English (German mandatory)
- Goal orientation and dedication to scientific excellence
- Ability to expand existing and establish new research collaborations on a national and international level
- Willingness and ability to drive by car to field sites and, if needed, work long hours, even under adverse conditions in the field
Required Application Documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, other qualifying activity and a list of publications)
- Description of experience management of field sites and instruments for the analysis of greenhouse gases and research interests
Please submit all your documents, letters, CV etc. together in ONE single PDF file.
Main research field
Special research fields
Agricultural meteorology ;Geoecology;Environmental research
Other and interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
Long-term ecological research
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 18.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11060.
For further information please contact Glatzel, Stephan +43-1-4277-48660.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.