Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Senior Scientist at the Department of Lithospheric Research
Veröffentlicht am(vor 97 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
at the Department of Lithospheric Research
Reference number: 9441
We are currently looking for a senior scientist (postdoc) in isotope geosciences and geochronology.
We offer an international working environment, including internationally competitive laboratory and mass spectrometry facilities. Available facilities include a thermal ionization mass spectrometer (TIMS) and two newly installed clean labs for wet chemical treatment of rock samples.
The position is initially limited to an employment duration of 4 years with a transition to a permanent position possible through mutual agreement from both sides.
- Supervision, maintenance and development of laboratory facilities, e.g. maintenence and supervision of the clean laboratory facilities and the TRITON thermal ionization mass spectrometer / supervision, maintenance, and development of the isotope laboratory, in particular the osmium isotope laboratory
- Development of new analytical tools
- Full involvement in the Department administration, including project management and the acquisition of new instrumentation
- Support of project applications and independent acquisition of third-party funding
- Supervision of graduate and postgraduate students and guest scientists
- Independent teaching as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement with, and scientific support of, research groups, projects, guest researchers, and international collaborations
- Participation and presentation at international conferences and international publications in high impact journals
Requirements and essential qualifications:
We are looking for a scientist with outstanding expertise in the relevant research topics (e.g., solar system evolution, Early Earth, impact studies) that will complement the existing strengths of the Geo-/Cosmochronology group. The successful candidate has
- a PhD in geo- or cosmochemistry or a closely related field in the geosciences
- at least 3 years of post-doctoral research experience
- excellent laboratory practice and proven experience with thermal ionization mass spectrometry
- proven experience in clean-laboratory management and the installation of analytical techniques
- proven expertise in the Sr, Nd, and Os isotope systems (others are a benefit) and platinum group element analysis
- a strong commitment to teaching and development of laboratory courses
- several years of experience in teaching on an undergraduate- and graduate level and in the (co)supervision of bachelor-, master-, and PhD students
- a strong publication record and a record of successful third party funding
- good communication skills in English (German mandatory)
- proficiency in scientific writing (evaluation based on provided publications), a goal orientation and dedication to scientific excellence
- the ability to expand existing and establish new research collaborations on a national and international level
Required Application Documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, other qualifying activity and a list of publications)
- Description of experience in clean-lab management and research interests
- Names and contact details of at least two academic references
Please submit all your documents, letters, CV etc. together in ONE single PDF file.
Main research field
Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 07.03.2019, mentioning reference number 9441.
For further information please contact Köberl, Christian +43-1-4277-53110.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.