Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Student (f/m/d) in Aerospace Engineering for a term paper or a Master thesis
Bauhaus Luftfahrt e.V.
Taufkirchen bei München
Re-think the way we fly. In an international think tank, at the highest professional level. With experts from various disciplines that come together in fascinating ways. Ready to always improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten path, constantly asking questions – and thereby challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day. In a young, modern working environment with open ears and doors. That’s who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Student (m/f/d) in Aerospace Engineering for a term paper or a Master thesis
in Taufkirchen b. München
Title: Numerical simulation of a wing surface heat exchanger using OpenFOAM
Your tasks: - You will study the potential of using the wing surface as a heat sink for excessive heat generated in a hybrid-electric aircraft configuration
- You will conduct a literature research on the principles of heat transfer between a heated surface and an ambient fluid
- You will set up a Computational Fluid Dynamics simulation in OpenFOAM to model the aerodynamic effects
- You will validate the numerical model with experimental data found in literature
- Using the simulation setup, you will study the effect of a systematic variation of geometrical and freestream parameters on the fluid aerodynamics
Your qualifications: - You are an enrolled university student in Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering or a related field
- You have profound knowledge in fluid dynamics, heat transfer and numerical simulations
- You have basic experience in computational fluid dynamics (e.g. OpenFOAM) and Linux
- Self-reliance, reliability and a high level of self-organisation are among your strengths
- You thrive in a connected team environment and are eager to improve
- Your English is of high level both spoken and written
Please send your application via email to:
email@example.com and indicate the reference number:
21-9-54. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Tel.: 089-3074 84919