Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Technician (f/m/d) in Surfaces and Thin Films
Veröffentlicht am(vor 173 Tagen)
Bewerbungsende(vor 156 Tagen)
University of GroningenGroningen (Niederlande)
Technician in Surfaces and Thin Films (1.0 FTE)
Specifications Location Groningen Function types Technical, Laboratory positions Scientific fields Natural Sciences Hours Max. 38.0 hours per week, temporary Salary Max. € 3895 Education Higher Professional Education Job number 218535H About employer University of Groningen
The research mission of the Surfaces and Thin Films group is to carry out a competitive research programme in the field of Surface and Interface Physics with particular emphasis on crystalline organic thin films, functional molecules and molecular motors on surfaces, and
nanocomposites, while training young researchers at the bachelor's, master's, PhD and postdoctoral level in state-of-the-art surface analysis techniques and research in the field of Surface and Interface Physics.
The group conducts research on fundamental mechanisms and their control parameters in new functional materials. The investigations of the group focus on the growth of nanostructures and the morphology of surfaces or thin films, as well as on their structural, electronic and vibrational properties. Some of the projects are also of technological interest and lay the foundations for new industrial applications.
We are looking for a physicist (master degree or PhD) who has a good background in (technical) solid state physics and electronics.
- maintenance of high resolution electron spectrometers and ultra high vacuum systems, including laser maintenance; repair of measuring units and power supplies, repair of UHV systems; maintain the stock of spare parts; this comprises ordering
- keeping an overview of a number of the group's budgets and preparation of financial requests for new setup. This comprises ordering replacement equipment, spare parts and consumables as well as verification of order forms filled in by PhD students and postdoctoral researchers for spare parts and consumables. It also implies providing financial overviews of what is still available on each budget
- giving an introduction on ultra high vacuum techniques to all young bachelor and master students starting their project in the group, giving them detailed instructions on how to do their measurements; supervising their work from a technical point of view
- performing measurements for industrial partners who wish to take advantage of the Nanolab facilities for which the group is responsible, and do the data analysis for them if desired by the industrial partner. Prepare the bills for these measurements. Actively contribute to the acquisition of such assignments from industrial partners
- prepare instructions/protocols of how to do certain operations on each UHV measurement setup
- occasionally conception, design, constructing and commissioning of new measuring systems - this comprises also negotiation with firms providing the parts and ordering the material.
We are looking for a physicist (master degree or PhD) who has a good background in (technical) solid state physics and electronics or comparable.
Conditions of Employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary up to a maximum of € 3,895 gross per month (salary scale 9 Dutch Universities (master degree) or scale 10 (PhD) by a full-time appointment). Employment basis: time-limited employment for one year. If the outcome of the evaluation after one year is positive, the appointment will be prolonged for an indefinite term.
Maximum hours per week: 38
You may apply for this position by sending in your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae at least until 18 March 23:59 h / before 19 March 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on
"Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).The applications will be separately considered as soon as possible after the submission and the application form will remain active until the position is filled.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Faculty of Science and Engineering
The University of Groningen employs ca. 5,600 staff members and gives education to 31,000 students. It is considered to be one of top 5 universities in Europe for research in Materials Science, Chemistry, Space Science, Microbiology, and Environment/Ecology. The Surfaces and Thin Films group is a part of the Zernike Institute for Advances Materials, which hosts over 300 researchers in various fields of materials science. The Zernike Institute has been selected as a National Research Center.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.