- Leiden University
- Cognitive Psychology Unit
- Sander Nieuwenhuis
- 1074BN Leiden
- The Netherlands
Assistant Professor in Cognitive Neuroscience or Applied Cognitive Psychology (2 full-time positions )
The Cognitive Psychology Unit of the Institute of Psychology of the Faculty Social and Behavioural Sciences at Leiden University, the Netherlands
Salary range: from € 3,427.- to € 5,330.- gross per month
Vacancy number: 2362
• We seek candidates who have demonstrated excellence in teaching abilities, and have experience with various types of teaching and supervision of students at different stages of their education;
• Proficiency in the Dutch language is not essential but candidates are expected to acquire a good command of the Dutch language within the first year;
• Candidates should have a strong research record, evident from (among others) a completed PhD thesis and peer-reviewed (international) publications on topics in cognitive psychology or related fields;
• The expertise of suitable candidates falls into at least one or both of the unit’s two research themes: (1) Cognitive neuroscience; or (2) Applied cognitive psychology (cognitive enhancement or human factors psychology);
• Valued research experience: Advanced modeling skills; Programming; Neuroimaging (fMRI and/or EEG); Valorization of research; Collaboration with industrial / non-academic parties.
We offer a four-year term position. A longer term appointment is possible but cannot be guaranteed.
For a link to the full job advertisement and the application portal, go to http://www.temporalattentionlab.com/index.htm
We only accept applications submitted online via the Leiden University applications portal. Do not send applications via mail or email.
Cognitive Psychology Unit