Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.04.2019 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics
Reference number: 9371
The Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics (AEP) Group at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Vienna combines highly-sophisticated laboratory, ground-based and aircraft experiments with innovative modelling to study the fundamental physical and chemical properties of aerosol particles and clouds.
Current research focuses on related but different areas of aerosol science and covers the whole size spectrum from the nano- to the microscale.
The results achieved by the AEP Group are important not only to promote a general understanding of physical problems related to aerosols, but also for addressing health- and technology-related questions, as well as societal challenges such as climate change.
In order to extend our team, we are looking for a motivated and interested post-doc assistant.
- Participation in research in the field of aerosol science with particlular focus on airborne in-situ aerosol measurements
- Analysis and interpretation of data from past and upcoming field experiments
- Development, modification, preparation and testing of aerosol instruments for airborne applications
- Collection and analysis of new data including participation in ground-based and airborne field campaigns.
- Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves:
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Professional expertise: Knowledge in experimental physics and laboratory work, ideally in aerosol physics and/or atmospheric physics
- Very good programming skills (including Python and/or Igor)
- Experience in airborne aerosol measurements
- Willingness to travel (typically several weeks per field experiment abroad)
- Physical conditions for participating in research flights
- Driver's license
- Experience with application of tools to model aerosol processes is considered an asset
- Experience with the acquisition of third-party funding is considered an asset
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of experimental aerosol science
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience.
Desirable qualifications are:
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference.
Main research field
Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 17.03.2019, mentioning reference number 9371.
For further information please contact Kopecky, Andrea +43-1-4277-51100.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.