Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Basic Psychological Research and Research Methods
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.12.2019 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Basic Psychological Research and Research Methods
Reference number: 10005
The Department of Basic Psychological Research and Methods (Unit of Empirical Visual Aesthetics, see http://aesthetics.univie.ac.at) at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Vienna offers the position of an University Assistant (post-doc) presumably by December 01, 2019. Employment is based on a contract for a maximum of 6 years. The position offers the possibility of preparation and completion of a habilitation or equivalent scientific performance. We offer a positive and stimulating research environment with experienced researchers, well equipped labs (e.g. Eyetracking, fNIRS, EEG, facialEMG, TMS, fMRI (in our Dpt.), behavioral measuring).
Active participation in research, teaching and administration in the team of Helmut Leder (research field of empirical visual aesthetics).
- developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- participation in research projects / scientific studies in the research field "empirical aesthetics" (https://aesthetics.univie.ac.at)
- support of Interdisciplinary Studies in the CogSci Research Hub (https://cognitivescience.univie.ac.at)
- involvement in research projects / research studies
- publications and conference contributions
- responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- possibility given for preparing / writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- supervision of students
- participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- participation in the organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
- involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
PhD in the field Psychology/Cognitive Sciences with a strong interest in empirical aesthetics
- Research experience with experimental methods (and ev. field studies in museums)
- Experience with eye-tracking and/or neuropsychological and psychophysiological methods (e.g. EEG, facial EMG) is an advantage
- Programming skills (e.g. Matlab, E-Prime)
- Knowledge of principles of teaching
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Publications in renowned, ev. subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- Ability to work in teams
- Interest in interdisciplinary collaboration
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 21.11.2019, mentioning reference number 10005.
For further information please contact Leder, Helmut +43-1-4277-47110.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.