Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
Veröffentlicht am(vor 109 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Geography and Regional Research
Reference number: 9870
The position is assigned to the research group Physical Geography, which has a sound reputation in the research domains of landslides, “human impact” on geosystems and spatial modeling of geomorphic processes as well as in the applied research including global environmental change, natural hazards and -risks, vulnerability, multi-hazard risk and early warning systems.
The position is vacant for the period of absence of a member of staff.
Participation in research, teaching and administration - in particular:
- Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
- Participation in research projects
- (International) publishing and presentation activities
- Project application and (external) fundraising
- Modelling of earth surface processes
- Analysis of monitoring data to deetct changes on the earth surface
- Scientific supervision of IT systems
- Contributions to geomorphic field work
- Development and implementation of web-based visualizations of landslide monitoring data
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Examination activities
- Supervision of students
- PhD / Doctoral degree in the field of Geography and/or Physics
- Professional competence in modelling natural hazards and risks
- Outstanding dissertation
- High research initiatives proven by international refereed publications
- Experience in research management and guiding project assistants
- Experience in (external) fundraising
- Computer literacy and profound programming knowledge
- Outstanding modelling experience of earth surface processes
- High command of written and oral language
- Excellent level of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of principles of teaching
- Proven ability to work in teams
- Experience in teaching / experience in e-learning
- Knowledge of university structures and processes
- High load-bearing capacity
- Capability of conflict management
- Didactic qualifications
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses, and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 25.07.2019, mentioning reference number 9870.
For further information please contact Glade, Thomas +43-1-4277-48650.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.