University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Linguistics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Linguistics
Reference number: 11018
The research group of Prof. Jutta L. Mueller (Psycholinguistics) at the Institute of Linguistics of the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna, is offering a position for a university assistant (post doc). The position involves the development and implementation of research designs investigating the role of language for other aspects of cognition with a specific focus on assessing the neurophysiological basis of the involved processes. Available research methods include fMRI, NIRS, EEG and eye-tracking.
The Psycholinguistics group is concerned with cognitive and neurophysiological aspects of language acquisition and language processing across human development. In particular, it focuses on the interfaces between language and non-linguistic cognitive functions.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Involvement in research projects on language and cognition
- A specific interest in inner speech, cognitive control and/or language-based learning
- Developing and strengthening an independent research profile
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in research administration
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree in psychology, linguistics, cognitive (neuro)science or related area
- Experience with neuroimaging methods, preferably fMRI (including MVPA, model-based approaches) and/or EEG/ERP
- Didactic competence as demonstrated in supervision and teaching experience
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Publications in internationally renowned, peer-reviewed journals
- IT user and programming skills, e.g. MATLAB or Python
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Experience of working on research projects related to language
- Experience of presenting research at international workshops and conferences
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective post-doc project
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 25.08.2020, mentioning reference number 11018.
For further information please contact Müller, Jutta .
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.