Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Mineralogy and Crystallography
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Mineralogy and Crystallography
Reference number: 10544
The Department of Mineralogy and Crystallography immediately seeks applications for a temporary postdoctoral researcher position having expertise in research area of X-ray crystallography and spectroscopy under non-ambient conditions. The successful candidate will be particularly in charge of X-ray diffraction instrumentation and in-situ devices for non-ambient pressure and/or temperature conditions.
The position is vacant for the period of absence of a member of staff.
The appointment involves
- Development of research ideas related to phase transitions of minerals,
- Autonomous preparation of diamond anvil cells,
- Briefing and instruction of users for experiments at in-house facilities,
- Acquisition of research funding and synchrotron beamtime at dedicated large-scale facilities,
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement,
- Supervision of students.
Successful candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- Completed Ph.D. / Doctorate and a corresponding publication record is required
- Proven skills in the operation of single-crystal X-ray diffractometers
- Proven experience with either in-situ high-pressure or high/low-temperature diffractometry and the operation of associated devices
- Proven expertise in the personal acquisition of synchrotron beamtime
- Expertise in the technical maintenance of X-ray and spectroscopy instruments
- Very good computer skills including coding/programming skills (operating system / system administration as a must)
- Excellent language skills in German and English
- Good team-working skills are expected
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses given, a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 10.03.2020, mentioning reference number 10544.
For further information please contact Lengauer, Christian +43-1-4277-53243, Libowitzky, Eugen +43-1-4277-53250.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.