Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Philosophy
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.09.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Philosophy
Reference number: 10396
The advertised position is located at the Department of Philosophy which is part of the Faculty of Philosophy and Education. The Department of Philosophy at the University of Vienna is large in international comparison and its members are active within a considerable variety of research areas. The department furthermore offers a range of courses reflecting the breadth of the fields of philosophy while upholding the highest standards within each specialized subject area. Special focus is placed on gaining insight and developing competences in order to contribute to the discussion of current philosophical problems. This intention to acknowledge new philosophical developments and tasks is reflected in a number of co-operations and research fields of the department.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration in the area of “Philosophy of science”
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Participation in the ERC research project “Possible Life” / Univ.-Prof. Tarja Knuuttila
- Collaboration in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposia
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- PhD degree in Philosophy, with specialization in Philosophy of science
- Willingness to collaborate with the members of the “Possible Life” project / Univ.-Prof. Tarja Knuuttila
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Additional qualifications are - International journal publications
- Teaching experience (preferably also in German language)
Desirable qualifications are - Expertise in molecular biology
Application documents (please submit all documents in English) - Letter of Motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- List of supervising and administrative experience
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (5 pages at max.)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
- Two letters of reference
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Philosophy, Ethics, Religion
Theory of science
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 29.02.2020, mentioning reference number 10396.
For further information please contact Sailer, Katherina +43-1-4277-46401.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.