Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Statistics and Operations Research
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Statistics and Operations Research
Reference number: 10164
The position is meant to provide a young scientist in the years after obtaining a Ph.D. with support to broaden and deepen his or her research agenda. Employment (40 hrs/week) is based on a 8 month contract. To receive full consideration, applications must include vita, transcripts, at least three letters of reference, a research statement, and up to three selected publications or preprints; and must refer to identification number 10164. Applications should be submitted online at http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at/. For further information please contact email@example.com.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Preparing / writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- Professional competence in stochastic optimization and risk management
- Methodological competence in stochastic optimization and risk management
- High ability to express yourself in both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 27.11.2019, mentioning reference number 10164.
For further information please contact Pötscher, Benedikt +43-1-4277-38640, Nicham-Zorn, Manuela +43-1-4277-38601.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.