Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 9435
Professor Walther’s research group is part of the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information group at the Faculty of Physics. The group’s research focus is dedicated to photonic quantum computers and quantum clouds in quantum networks, as well as photonic quantum simulators capable of providing insight into other quantum systems. For our further reinforcement we are looking for a University Assistant (PostDoc). The duration of employment is four years with the possibility of extension. In order to increase the percentage of women in Physics, the announced position is open to qualified female candidates only.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Preparing / writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- Professional competence: The candidate is required to have a PhD degree in mathematical/theoretical physics for at least a few years and possibly a habilitation or similar qualification. It is desirable that the candidate has publications in dedicated high impact journals.
- Methodological competence: It is highly desirable that the candidate has a good background in mathematical/theoretical quantum physics with a focus on possible experimental realizations.
- Didactic competence: It is highly mandatory that the candidate is fluent in English (writing and language) due to the international environment and the need to teach at the master level in English. A teaching experience in the four big fields of theoretical physics (mechanics, quantum mechanics, electrodynamics, statistical physics/thermodynamics) is desirable. Positive attitude towards interaction with students and the ability and willingness for outreach activities.
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Theoretical physics;Quantum optics
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 04.03.2019, mentioning reference number 9435.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.