Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Research Group Scientific Computing
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Research Group Scientific Computing
Reference number: 10225
The research group of Scientific Computing (Prof. Dr. Siegfried Benkner) at the Faculty of Computer Science focuses on research in the areas of programming models, compilers, runtime systems and tools for parallel and distributed computing, high performance computing, data-intensive computing, IoT/Edge/Cloud computing.
The group is looking for a highly motivated researcher with a recent PhD degree in computer science or equivalent. We are offering an excellent working environment in a young, highly motivated and international team.
The position can also be filled as part-time position if required (i.e., from 20-40h per week).
- Active participation in research, teaching and administration. Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects/research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding - Preparing/writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
In addition we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience/experience of working wih e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experiences abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda/of the intended habilitation project (if available)
Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Mathematics, Computer Sciences
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.03.2020, mentioning reference number 10225.
For further information please contact Benkner, Siegfried +43-1-4277-78410.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.