Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Research Platform Vienna Metabolomics Center
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 15.03.2019 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Research Platform Vienna Metabolomics Center
Reference number: 9470
The "Forschungsplattform Vienna Metabolomics Center" invites applications for the position of an University Assistant "post doc". We seek an outstanding candidate with several years of working experience in the fields: bioinformatics, modelling of regulatory and metabolomic pathways, assignment of molecular data with theoretical models of metabolism and regulation, proteomics, metabolomics and mass spectrometry, particularly with regard to data acquisition and data evaluation.
The employment is temporary with an option of prolongation.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration - Participation in research projects - (International) publishing and presentation activities - Project application and (external) fundraising - Holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement - Examination activities - Support of students - Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance - Participation in administration of the institute /department
PhD in the field biology, biomathematics, statistics, bioinformatics
- Metabolomics/ mass spectrometry applied in biomathematics/ biotechnology/ systems biology and biostatistics,
- Exceptional experience in statistics, OMICS data processing, data integration and data mining
- Computer literacy and indepth knowledge of SBML and MATLAB programming
- Experience in supervising students and writing proposals
- Knowledge based methods competence in metabolomics methods as well as biomathematics and systems biology
- Knowledge of principles of teaching
- High command of written and oral English
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience in teaching / experience in e-learning - Experience in (external) fundraising - Knowledge of university structures and processes
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of intent - Scientific CV - List of publications - Draft of research interests / habilitation project
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 21.03.2019, mentioning reference number 9470.
For further information please contact Weckwerth, Wolfram +43-1-4277-76550.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.