Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 11.05.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
Reference number: 10677
The Computational Physics Group at the Faculty of Physics invites applications for a praedoc position for the period of absence of a colleague in the group of Prof. Christos Likos. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in a broad field covering aspects of coarse-graining approaches (theory and simulation) in Soft Matter Physics. Emphasis is put on equilibrium, glass and dynamical properties of colloidal suspensions and polymer solutions of various architectures. The position also includes an obligation to participate in teaching activities of the Faculty. Although teaching in English is possible, knowledge of German is welcome. Duration of the contract: period of absence of a colleague
The position is vacant for the period of absence of a member of staff.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration
- Lead participation in externally funded research projects of the Likos Group (EU, national funding agency)
- Holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement
- Presentation of research activities at international conferences
- Publications of research papers - Teaching and support of students including examinations
- Assistance in organization of conferences, meetings and symposiums
- MSc in physics or related disciplines (physical chemistry or theoretical/computational chemistry)
- Very good command in written and oral English
- Knowledge of German is welcome
- Experience in computer simulations of soft condensed matter constitutes is a strong requirement
- Willingness and motivation to conduct guided but increasingly self-driven research in soft matter Physics is a must.
Your application should include following documents:
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 29.03.2020, mentioning reference number 10677.
For further information please contact Likos, Christos +43-1-4277-73230, Wildfellner, Eva +43-1-4277-73231.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.