Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
Reference number: 11552
The Computational and Soft Matter Physics Group uses modern computer simulation techniques combined with analytical theory to study a broad range of condensed matter systems with an emphasis on soft matter and the statistical mechanics of equilibrium and non-equilibrium processes. Research topics of current interest also include nanoparticles, phase transitions, chaotic dynamics, as well as hydrodynamics.
The research group of Prof. Dellago in the Computational and Soft Matter Physics Group is seeking to fill a position for a PhD student. The employment will be for four years starting with the date of employment. The successfull candidate will contribute to research projects of interest to the group and will have the opportunity to work on his or her doctoral thesis. Experience in molecular dynamics and/or Monte Carlo simulations and knowledge of statistical mechanics as well as machine learning methods is expected.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects
- Participation in scientific publications
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- MA in physics, biophysics, chemistry or biochemistry
- Experience in molecular simulation methods (MD/MC)
- Knowledge of statistical physics and machine learning methods
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.12.2020, mentioning reference number 11552.
For further information please contact Dellago, Christoph +43-1-4277-51260, Rennhofer, Claudia +43-1-4277-51261.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.