University Assistant (prae doc) at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill up to three positions as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Computational and Soft Matter Physics
Reference number: 13494
The Vienna Doctoral School in Physics (VDSP) is home to over 140 doctoral candidates in Physics at the University of Vienna who work at the forefront of science. On their way to an internationally competitive PhD in Physics our students receive training, mentoring and support to become independent researchers and to connect with the local and wider science community. The VDSP offers a praedoc position in the group of Prof. Christos Likos. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in a broad field covering aspects of coarse-graining approaches (theory and simulation) in Soft Matter Physics with a contract duration of 3 years. Emphasis is put on dynamical properties of colloidal suspensions and polymer solutions of various architectures with particular focus on the modelling of hydrodynamics and activity. The position also includes an obligation to participate in teaching activities of the Faculty. Although teaching in English is possible, knowledge of German is welcome.In order to apply please visit our web page https://vds-physics.univie.ac.at/admission
Duration of employment: 3 year/s
The employment relationship is initially limited to 1.5 years and automatically extended to a total of 3 years, unless the employer submits a declaration of non-renewal after a maximum of 12 month.
- Participation in research and teaching
- Holding classes due to regulations of wage agreement
- Presentation of research activities at international conferences
- Publications of research papers
- Teaching and support of students including examinations
- Assistance in organization of conferences, meetings and symposiums
- MSc in physics or related disciplines (physical chemistry or theoretical/computational chemistry)
- Very good command in written and oral English
- Knowledge of German is welcome
- Experience in computer simulations of soft condensed matter constitutes is a strong requirement
- Willingness and motivation to conduct guided but increasingly self-driven research in soft matter Physics is a must
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via VDS Physics no later than, mentioning reference number 13494.
For further information please contact Likos, Christos +43-1-4277-73230, Just, Julia +43-1-4277-51004, Wildfellner, Eva +43-1-4277-732531.
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via
VDS Physics no later than 06.10.2022, mentioning reference number 13494.
For further information please contact Likos, Christos +43-1-4277-73230, Wildfellner, Eva +43-1-4277-73231.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.