Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Chromosome Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Chromosome Biology
Reference number: 10288
The Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote collaborations with the life sciences departments of the Medical University of Vienna, the Max Perutz Labs (MFPL) were founded in 2005.
We are looking for a scientific co-worker within the doctoral program Chromosome Dynamics for a temporary employment for 8 months. The applicant will work chromosomal instability and mitosis in S. cerevisiae.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Contribution to research project regarding chromosomal instability
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organization of meetings, conferences, symposia
- Master in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related fields
- Practical experience in handling the model organism S. cerevisiae
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of chromosome segregation
- Teaching experience
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy (MS-Office; Imaging Software)
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- In-depth knowledge of microtubule-kinetochore interactions in general and especially of the regulatory functions exerted by the chromosomal passenger complex in the model system S. cerevsiae
- Experience in genetics, protein purification and molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in academic writing
- Experience in organization of scientific meetings
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10288.
For further information please contact Kurzbauer, Marie-Therese +43-1-4277-56202.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.