Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Limnology and Bio-Oceanography
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Limnology and Bio-Oceanography
Reference number: 10316
The Department of Limnology and Bio-Oceanography searches for an applicant with background in marine biology and symbiosis. Compentence in lab and field work including SCUBA diving is of advantage. Very good knowledge in English is required. Ability to work in teams is required. The sucessful applicant will be associated with the PhD program MAINTAIN (http://sym.csb.univie.ac.at).
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Master in biology
- Professional competence in marine biology and symbiosis
- Methodological competence statistics and ecological methods
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificatess
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Ecology of animals
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 19.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10316.
For further information please contact Bright, Monika +43-1-4277-76430.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.