Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Pharmacognosy
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.11.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Pharmacognosy
Reference number: 11347
We represent a multidisciplinary team which focuses on drug discovery from natue. We offer well-equipped laboratories and the possibility for advanced training in a creative and motivating academic atmosphere.
Participation in research (in the team Phytochemistry and Biodiscovery), teaching and administration
- Participation in research projects / research studies dedicated to the discovery of new biologically active compounds
- Interested in natural products, phytochemistry and bioactivity screening
- Participation in publications/academic articles/presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign the doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months (Doctoral School DSPL58) and to comply its requirements
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration.
High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing - Excellent command of written and spoken English and German - IT user skills - Ability to work in a team - Diploma degree, preferably in Pharmacy, Biology, Chemistry or related fields.
Teaching experience/experience of working with e-learning - Knowledge of university processes and structures - Basic experience in research methods and academic writing - Experience in analytics, chromatography, structure elucidation as well as skills in handling analytical devices, cell cultures, and enzyme-based assays are highly desirable.
Main research field
Special research fields
Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Toxicology
Other and interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 12.10.2020, mentioning reference number 11347.
For further information please contact Rollinger, Judith Maria +43-1-4277-55255, Dirsch, Verena +43-1-4277-55270, Glasl-Tazreiter, Sabine +43-1-4277-55207, Groiss, Martin +43-1-4277-55201.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.