Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.06.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 10791
The Quantum Nanophysics group is directed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. Markus Arndt. They explore universal matter-wave interferometry, with atoms, molecules, clusters and nanoparticles, to test the foundations of quantum science and to develop new quantum methods and tools for physical chemistry. We are now seeking to hire a University Assistant (PhD student) to work on metal cluster interferometry in connection with the currently world leading interferometer LUMI 2.0, in the Faculty of Physics at the University of Vienna.
The candidate shall participate in all stages of preparation, conduction, evaluation and exploitation of high mass interferometry in the 20.000 – 1.000.000 amu range. This includes preparing, cooling, selecting and neutralizing clusters of different types. Your will include work on cold cluster sources, ion trapping, laser detachment, and matter-wave interferometry.
The candidate shall be involved in experimental research but also be capable of lab-oriented simulations
The candidate will be involved in teaching to a moderate extent as defined by the collective agreement
The candidate will support the group in their self-organization and research administration on equal footing with the other PhD students in the group.
We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12- 18 months and to present the thesis to the faculty within the first 12 months of the contract.
- You have successfully completed your master studies
- You have a high-level, hands-on experience in matter-wave physics & cluster science
- You have experience in molecular beam methods, laser physics and vacuum technology
- You have advanced data acquisition and processing skills
- You have very good communication skills in English
- You are able to work in a team
- You are ambitious, eager to learn and love working hands on for forefront experimental research
Desirable qualifications are
- Quantum optics education and training
- High overall lab competence
- Stress resistance and ability to focus on the realization of challenging experiments
- Interdisciplinary interests
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 28.05.2020, mentioning reference number 10791.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.