University Assistant (prae doc) at The Vienna Doctoral School of Theology and Research on Religion VDTR
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 179 fields of study, approx. 10.000 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.03.2022 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at The Vienna Doctoral School of Theology and Research on Religion VDTR
Reference number: 12604
The Vienna Doctoral School of Theology and Research on Religion VDTR combines a wide range of theological and non-theological disciplines, methods and approaches in research on religion within one doctoral school. Our PhD students are part of a vibrant interdisciplinary network of researchers and are offered options for debate and networking across disciplinary boundaries from the start of their PhD studies while working for a disciplinary degree. The VDTR encourages an active peer culture and provides a supportive framework for young academics.
Further information on: https://vdtr.univie.ac.at/
The employment relationship is initially limited to 1.5 years and is automatically extended to a total of 3 years, unless the employer submits a declaration of non-renewal after a maximum of 12 months.
The Vienna Doctoral School of Theology and Research on Religion, VDTR, a structured PhD programme offered jointly by the Faculty of Protestant Theology, the Faculty of Catholic Theology and the Research Centre Religion and Transformation in Contemporary Society, RaT, is looking to fill four university assistant positions (prae-doc).
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Participation in research projects
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposia in the context of the VDTR
- completed Master degree in a theological discipline (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox,) or in a humanities or social science discipline (Religious Studies, Jewish Studies, Islamic Studies, Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Sociology, Philosophy or related disciplines)
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- very good command of written and spoken English and German
- experience in interdisciplinary work
- knowledge of university processes and structures
- experience in working abroad
- enthusiasm for working independently
- teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- letter of motivation
- proposal for a prospective PhD project (15 pages max, including references)
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 12604