Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Visiting Professor at the Department of Meteorology and Geophysics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.09.2019 of a
at the Department of Meteorology and Geophysics
Reference number: 9532
The Department of Meteorology and Geophysics invites senior scientists with a strong background in Dynamic Meteorology both in research and teaching to apply for this visiting professorship (§99/1 University Law).
We are looking for a visiting professor in Dynamic Meteorology to contribute valuably in research and teaching (including independent teaching
of courses as defined by the collective agreement / supervision of students).
- Doctoral degree / PhD in Meteorology or related fields, and post-doctoral experience
- Excellent achievements in research, strong publication record, high international reputation
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), and to promote young academic colleagues
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Proactive, creative, and willing to work in a team
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Lists of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 16.05.2019, mentioning reference number 9532.
For further information please contact Haimberger, Leopold +43-1-4277-53712.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.