Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Dietician at the Department of Nutritional Sciences
Veröffentlicht am(vor 48 Tagen)
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
at the Department of Nutritional Sciences
Reference number: 9871
The research group of Prof. Ina Bergheim, Molecular Nutritional Science, Department of Nutritional Sciences, is looking for support for an interdisciplinary research project focusing on the development of metabolic liver diseases. We are a young and interdisciplinary research team working at the interfaces between nutrition and the development of metabolic diseases. We build on a good working atmosphere, close collaboration with our students and self-dependent involvement and coordination of research projects.
You will be responsible for the conceptualization, co-ordination and supervision of in vivo and in vitro studies assessing molecular mechanisms related to the development of alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. In particular, you will work with model organisms as well as methods like immunohistochemistry, Western Blot and real-time RT-PCR. Participation in paper writing and publication as well as participation in teaching and examinations within the requirements of the collective agreement is expected. The position is intended to lead to a PhD degree typically in form of cumulative publications. We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months. Furthermore, involvement in administration of the department is expected.
- Diploma or master´s degree or equivalent qualification in the field of Nutritional Sciences or related discipline.
- High interest in physiology and molecular mechanism involved in disease development in humans
- Hands-on experiences in in vivo models, histological analysis and clinical chemistry, immunohistochemistry analyses, gene and protein expression analyses of tissue
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (writing and verbaly)
- Ability to work in highly dynamic research teams
- High interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Application documents
- Letter of Motivation including ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal - Curriculum vitae - List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available) - Degree certificatess
Main research field
Special research fields
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 28.07.2019, mentioning reference number 9871.
For further information please contact Bergheim, Ina +43-1-4277-54981.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.