The Digital Engineering Faculty is organized as a joint venture of UP and HPI. We are looking for a strong candidate in the area of database management systems. As part of our current growth initiative, we are looking for candidates with an internationally recognized research profile, an excellent teaching record, and experience in a leading role in industry.
We seek a candidate with an academic profile in database systems engineering, data management, and data processing, with several of the following research topics:
- In-memory database management systems, e.g., for enterprise software
- Parallel and distributed data management
- Scalable data processing and management on modern hardware
- Self-managing database systems
- Database systems for ML
- Cloud database systems
- Compiler Techniques for Data Processing
- Programming Languages for Database Systems
The candidate must demonstrate excellence in the following aspects:
- Outstanding publication track record in international conference proceedings and journals, such as PVLDB, SIGMOD, ICDE, TODS, VLDBJ, CIDR
- Teaching in data management in practice and theory for undergraduate and graduate levels
- Supervision at bachelor, master, and Ph.D. level
- Acquisition of external funding through public and industry grants
- Fluent English and preferably German language skills
The Digital Engineering Faculty, through HPI and UP, offers excellent opportunities for researchers to grow their research and teaching skills even further. We are looking for a teamoriented and committed professional who fits well into our inclusive and family-friendly environment. Proficiency in German is initially not required.
Founded in 1991, the University of Potsdam has firmly established itself in the scientific landscape and has become an outstanding economic factor and development engine for the region. It has a high level of third-party funding, has won several awards for teaching, and has a service-oriented administration and has received several awards for being family-friendly. Around 22,000 students and 3,000 employees work at three locations – Am Neuen Palais, Griebnitzsee and Golm – at one of the most beautifully situated academic institutions in Germany.
Please submit your application, with the relevant documentation by 10.07.2023 to:
Further information is available online at:
To view the full job posting, please visit: