Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Senior Scientist at the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2021 of a
at the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Reference number: 10601
The Center for Molecular Biology (ZMB) was founded in 2007, centralizing all groups of the University of Vienna working in the field of molecular biology. To promote collaborations with the life sciences departments of the Medical University of Vienna, the Max Perutz Laboratories (MFPL) were founded in 2005. To extend our Team we are offering the following Position: senior scientist at the Department of Biochemistry and Cellbiology. The University of Vienna aims at increasing the number of females in academic and leadership positions, thus qualified females are especially encouraged to apply. Females with equal qualifications will be preferably considered. For more detailed information on the advertised position and a personal interview, please contact Prof. Sascha Martens, email@example.com. Application documents please send to Job Center (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and acquired funding)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Active participation in research. This involves:
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and support with the acquisition of third-party funding
- Supervision of students
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree in Molecular Biology
- Didactic competence
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
- international, high profile publications
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Professional competence in biochemistry with special focus on protein-membrane interactions
- Methodological competence in preparation of small and giant unilamellar vesicles
- Excellent knowledge in expression and purification of proteins and protein complexes in bacterial and insect cell-based expression systems
- Knowledge in imaging and data analysis
- basic knowledge of structural biology including x-ray crystallography and electron microscopy
- a track of acquisition of independent funding
- biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 24.03.2020, mentioning reference number 10601.
For further information please contact Martens, Sascha +43-1-4277-52876.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.