Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Student (f/m/d) in Aerospace Engineering for a term paper or a Master Thesis
Bauhaus Luftfahrt e.V.
Taufkirchen b. München
Re-think the way we fly. In an international think tank, at the highest professional level. With experts from various disciplines that come together in fascinating ways. Ready to always improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten path, constantly asking questions - and thereby challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day. In a young, modern working environment with open ears and doors. That's who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Student (m/f/d) in Aerospace Engineering for a term paper or a Master Thesis
in Taufkirchen b. München
Title: Estimating the boundary layer ingestion potential of fuselages in transonic flow
Your tasks: - You will conduct a literature research on boundary layer ingestion with a focus on boundary layer theory, momentum deficit and the boundary layer shape factor
- Based on existing semi-empirical methods, you will develop a methodology to predict the momentum deficit development along fuselages
- You will use Computational Fluid Dynamics (OpenFOAM and MSES) to validate the developed method with results of numerical simulations
- You will estimate the momentum recovery potential for fuselages of commercial regional, short and long range aircraft
Your qualifications: - You are an enrolled university student in Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering or a related field
- You have experience in aerospace engineering and aerospace
- You have basic experience in computational fluid dynamics (e.g. OpenFOAM) and Linux
- Self-reliance, reliability and a high level of self-organization are among your strengths
- You thrive in a connected team environment and are eager to improve
- You possess a high level of spoken and written English