Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Meteorology and Geophysics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Meteorology and Geophysics
Reference number: 11159
We offer a university assistant/post-doc research position in the field of convective-scale data assimilation and ensemble prediction in the new research group of Prof. Martin Weissmann. The starting date can be as early as 1 October 2020 and the duration is for 6 years.
The post-doc is expected to conduct research in one of the following key areas of the group:
- Convective-scale satellite and radar data assimilation;
- Observation impact and ensemble diagnostics;
- Localization and sampling error correction in ensemble data assimilation;
- Convective-scale ensemble prediction.
Besides research, the post-doc is expected to participate in teaching and the supervision of students. Financial support is available for attending international meetings and visiting international research partners in e.g. Germany, U.S. or Japan.
The Department of Meteorology and Geophysics has recently filled three professorship positions (Andreas Stohl, Aiko Voigt and Martin Weissmann). This will create an exciting international working environment for many new scientists, large potential for collaboration, and the opportunity for strong personal development.
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
• Research in one of the key areas of the group;
• Contributions to project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding;
• Scientific publications and presentations;
• Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement;
• Scientific and technical support of group members;
• Supervision of students;
• Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
• Doctoral / PhD degree in meteorology, physics or related subject;
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team;
• Programming experience;
• Numerical modelling experience;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
Furthermore, experience in data assimilation is an asset.
Your application should be a single PDF file that includes:
• A letter of motivation
• An academic curriculum vitae
• A description of research interests
• A list of publications and presentations
• A list of courses given
• Contact information of two references
• Degree certificates.
Main research field
Special research fields
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.09.2020, mentioning reference number 11159.
For further information please contact Weißmann, Martin +43-1-4277-53710.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.