Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Palaeontology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Palaeontology
Reference number: 11067
The advertised position is located in the Department of Palaeontology which represents an interface between Earth Sciences and Life Sciences.
The Palaeoecosystem team has an open position in the field of micropalaeontology. This research group lead by Prof. Dr. Petra Heinz focuses on living and fossil benthic foraminifera from shallow water to deep sea. Faunal and ecosystem analysis from different areas of the world are complemented by experimental studies to enlarge the knowledge about foraminiferal biology, habitat demands and their response to ecosystem variations.
The team is looking for a highly motivated research assistant aiming at a doctoral degree working with benthic foraminifera. We offer an excellent working environment in a creative team.
The successful candidate will be member of the Vienna International School of Earth and Space Sciences VISESS (https://visess.univie.ac.at/).
Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings and field trips
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- The candidate has a Masters or Diploma Degree in Geology, Palaeontology, Biology, or in another related field of science
- Experience and knowledge in the field of micropalaeontolgy is desirable
- Willingness to participate at scientific cruises
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Desirable qualifications:
- Experience with benthic foraminifera
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Biology, Botany, Zoology
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 06.09.2020, mentioning reference number 11067.
For further information please contact Heinz, Petra +43-1-4277-53580.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.