Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 15.02.2021 of a
at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
Reference number: 11120
We are looking for a visiting professor for the Faculty's key research areas COSMOS or EARTH.
The Ida Pfeiffer Professorship of the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy supports the mission of the Faculty to research on the sustainability of planet Earth. We are looking for a top scientist that can trigger exciting insights and act as a catalyser for the diverse research topics of the Faculty. The visiting professor will have access to The Faculty's state-of-the-art facilities and will be associated with our third mission activities. We are "The Faculty for Exploration", and regard exploration as a scientific adventure. Our StudiesServiceCenter supports 4,500 students who can choose from 5 Bachelor's programs, 10 Master's programs and Doctoral studies in 7 fields. Our 34 professorships / tenure-track professorships contribute to four key research areas: COSMOS, EARTH, ENVIRONMENT, ANTHROPOSPHERE.
We are looking for a visiting professor for our key research areas COSMOS or EARTH to contribute valuably in research and teaching (including independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / supervision of students).
- Doctoral degree / PhD in a subject field relevant to the research areas COSMOS or EARTH, and post-doctoral experience
- Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation, proven success in acquiring third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), and to promote young academic colleagues
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proactive, creative, and willing to work in a team
Application documents (in English):
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Lists of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 30.09.2020, mentioning reference number 11120.
For further information please contact Alves, Joao +43-1-4277-53810.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.